Friday, April 6, 2012

The Power of a Physical Board

Flash back to my first day at Übermind. I had been told they were agile. They talked the agile talk in the interview. I walk into the office and notice that there isn't one single board in the entire place. None. In fact, very few information radiators in general.


So I asked around, "why?" Well, I vaguely remember being told that they had tried a physical board on a project perhaps once or twice. But it never took. So I changed that by showing the office the power of the board. A great board with tons of information that is well-maintained is irresistible. So check out how many physical boards are in the office after 8 months or so...



A personal schedule/Kanban board.



A department-specific board for UX.


A department-specific board for QA. Note how the lanes migrate right over onto the window.


Another QA-specific board.


The device lab board.


A Kanban board for a conference we are spinning up.


A personal board used for mentoring/teaching.


A personal Kanban board in the lower right and a project rolling board.


IT Kanban.


Webservices board.


A simple Kanban board for an Agile Mastery Class I am leading.


A board for Marketing. Marketing.


The board that started it all. We had to move it so it was reset a few weeks ago.


Another internal project board.

My work here is done.

Well, not really...

No comments:

Post a Comment